Monday, September 25, 2006

Adventures in Roofing

Well...here it is nearly October 2006 and we are still waiting for our roof to be repaired from Hurricane Wilma. I know....I know....crazy, huh? I have pushed and pushed for the work to be done but to no avail. I have been under contract for 3 months and not one worker. Well, today I got home to find a tar machine in the parking spots. Yea! Here's hoping that we get a new roof in a week or so...

I just read my email and found out that we had nearly 4800 folks at all of our Flamingo campuses this past weekend. FRC has become a place where people feel real connection and I am honored to be a part of the team. The coolest part of all of this growth is that we aren't done. Not by a long shot. I don't mean just numerically. I am talking about the growth of the leaders and staff. We have a lot of stretching ahead and I am looking forward to seeing the results.

If you attended Flamingo last weekend and saw the Rocky spot at the end...be prepared....we are doing another one this week to promote first Wed. All joking aside, it is really an event that you want to attend. It is an essential part of who we are as a church.

In a totally unrelated bit of info...I just picked up "Okami" for the Playstation 2. I don't have time to play it much, but the bit I have played has been unbelievable. If you are into the Zelda quest type game...this is for you. There's still a little bit of spunk left in the current generation of machines... Are you pre-ordering the Nintendo Wii? How about the PS3?

Disney World was amazing...but I'm saving the details so that I'll have something to blog about in the near future.

Thank you, loyal reader, for allowing me to ramble a bit. This blogging stuff is not an exact science.

See you this weekend!

BV

0 comments: