Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Limit

You know, I was thinking yesterday what the most frustrating part of my life is. I have a great family, a thriving ministry, and friends. Then it hit me when I came across this quote from Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination."

I feel his frustration. My brain doesn't shut off. I am always thinking of making things better...different. I have heard before that true art is never finished...just abandoned. That's the perfectionist frustration in me. I want everything that I sign off on to be exactly right. The older I get, the more I realize that this isn't going to happen.

I, too, resent the limits of my imagination. There is nothing more frustrating than realizing that there might be a good idea in my brain that hasn't escaped yet.

The Disney way is to think of good ideas but only act on the great ones. That's my goal as well. There are so many choices and opportunities in life that I need to focus on only the great ones.

I don't think I'll ever stand still. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with the way things are and successes in my past. Life's too short to focus on the old victories. Things don't have to be perfect..I just have to learn from mistakes and move on.

Walt, you were before your time...

BV


0 comments: