Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Verdict


Wow...I didn't realize how many readers I have now! Forgive me, faithful reader, for not writing as many posts as of late. I have been a bit under the weather (read that as Bronchitis with 103 degree fever). I'm still fighting it. In fact, I had to miss services tonight to rest. Not sure I'll be there tomorrow, but I am certainly going to try...

Anyway, I have been asked by several people how I like my new Wii. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, the Wii is Nintendo's new video game machine. It is a pretty hot item this Christmas and I am glad that reserved one early on. Well, wait no longer. It is great!

The controls are amazing. When you wave the controller in the air, the hand on the screen does the same thing. Want to throw a pass in Madden 07? Simply lift the controller in the air and move it with a passing motion. The quarterback does the same thing and releases the ball. you can fish in Zelda by flicking your wrist and letting go of the button. The fishing line rises and falls into the water and you reel it in by moving your controller in a rolling motion. Very inventive and refreshingly creative.

I really like it. Sure, the graphics aren't "next gen". Think of it as the Gamecube+. Not Xbox 360 standards or the elusive Playstation 3, but they are good. The controls more than make up for the good (not great) graphics.

Well, that's the verdict. If you have kids (I'm 35...am I ever going to outgrow this stuff...nope), this is a great gaming system. They are far more available than the PS3, and less than half the price.

See you at Gamestop!

BV

0 comments: