Tuesday, March 20, 2007

On My Honor...


I have officially started my studying for next weekend. Troy is up this weekend and is doing a GREAT teaching on Joy. Please be there...it will be good for your soul. I am teaching the following week on Obedience. The main emphasis will be baptism but I am going to talk about trust, God's character, and why we need to be obedient.

In my studies, I came across the word obedient in the context of the Boy Scout Law. It's been awhile since I've said that in a boy scout uniform. You see, I am an Eagle Scout. I earned the award in 1986 as a 15 year old. It was one of the proudest moments of my life. I got the chance to learn leadership, public speaking, wilderness survival skills, knot tying, and cooking (as well as MANY others...). All while trying to figure out who I was in Middle and High school. It was an experience that I would not change for the world.

I earned a bunch of merit badges...was Boy Scout of the Year in 1986 for our district....taught young scouts how to build a fire...and became a better person. All while wearing khaki with knee high green and red socks.

I was an obedient scout....I try to be an obedient adult....

Make plans to attend the next couple of lessons at Flamingo. Don't save your church attendance for Easter....God wants to show us all some truths between then and now...

Until then... Do a Good Turn Daily...

BV

0 comments: