Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Top Ten

Wow. I can't believe that it is already over. Easter weekend was so incredibly amazing that it is hard to put into words. Here is my Easter Top Ten:

1) The volunteers that served this weekend were absolute heroes! Thanks to all of you who gave up a piece of your time to make a huge impact. You are all the best!

2) The beach baptism was awesome. The air was 53 degrees, the surf was in the 60s...but you all came out anyway...I got to watch a father baptize his daughter, a couple get married and then go into the waters of obedience together, and I got to baptize my own cousin. The cool part was I got to do it alongside the guys that I love and get to serve with.

3) I really enjoyed today's Spanish service...I didn't understand very much of what was said, but I enjoyed the passion of Pastor Jose.

4) Mauricio Tinoco is a God-Serving machine. Love you, bro.

5) Pastor Troy knows how to bring the goods. Did you hear him this weekend? If not...I will have the podcasts up soon. Download it. Watch it. Then internalize it. It was challenging, poignant, and purposeful. Well done...

6) The Children's service was outstanding. I was able to attend it a couple of times and it was great each time. I really enjoyed "Are You Smarter than the Easter Bunny". Brianna got the chance to play and she had a blast!

7) Brittney DiStefano was the greatest Easter Bunny that I have ever seen. She even had energy when all of us were tired tonight. Way to go, Brit!

8) The Preschool was amazing this weekend. Rumor has it, they broke records with the number of kids that came through. Each and every volunteer was smiling, attentive, and sharp. Kudos to all of the leaders and volunteer leaders that made it happen. First time visitors felt confident enough to leave their most precious possession in your care....that says a lot about who serves in the preschool. Way to go!

9) Ricky, Vaughn, Heredes, Brian F. - Four men I am proud to serve with. Worship was an incredible experience. The campuses are blessed to have you guys involved.

10) Bring on Mother's Day....

BV

0 comments: