Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Something I thought was interesting

Hello again, faithful readers...

Just wanted to share this with you. Maybe it's just my twisted way of looking at things sometimes...but today I saw a lady driving in one of those Hybrid cars. You know, those vehicles designed to be kind to the environment. They use less fuel and therefore, release fewer pollutants into the environment. You know...kind to the earth kinda thing.

I looked into her window and she was smoking a cigarette.

I drew a conclusion after thinking about it a second. She probably bought that car so that she could be a little kinder to the environment (or save a bit on gas). However, she was blackening her lungs with the tar from the cigarette.

I wonder sometimes about life consistency. Am I living a life that people can look at and see my genuine heart? I mean that lady was more concerned with the environment then she was her own body.... Do I get more concerned with what others think of me than I do with what is really inside? I want to be outwardly concerned....yet inwardly...I want my mind, heart, and soul to be consistent with those outward beliefs.

I ask others to pray...am I praying? I ask others to serve...is what I do still a ministry? I tell others to lean on each other...yet I withdraw to my own island sometimes.

Am I caring about myself and my own health or just the health of others? Balance, grasshopper....balance.

I've got to take care of myself spiritually. I can't let the enemy convince me that I will be ok with a mediocre prayer life...or a decent marriage...or pretty good morals.

I know it might seem strange...but pastors struggle with this stuff too...

Let's shoot for consistency this week...let's let the world see who we really are...

Scary thought...but liberating.

BV

0 comments: