Sunday, June 10, 2007

Beach Baptism


Good evening, faithful readers...

I am writing this with all of the lights off in my study. I don't really need lights...I am doing just fine writing from the glow from my massive sunburn. I am stupid. I was so pale, I was nearly see-thru....and I go out to the beach for 7 hours without sunscreen. I look like George Hamilton holding his breath for 10 minutes standing in an oven set to broil.

*Note* The photo above has been altered. I am actually much redder than this.

Anyway, back to the reason for this post. I just wanted to share a few things that I absorbed today from my time out at our beach baptism...

1) Congratulations to all 207 or so of you that were baptized. It was an amazing experience being a part of it. A special congrats to Jillian and Jenna Buleha! I am so thankful to you, Mark and Lisa...it was such a special time in your children's lives and you allowed me to be involved. Big blessings to you all as you walk together as a family with Christ!

2) There are a LOT of readers of this blog! I spoke with many of you today, and I've got to tell you...today was quite eye-opening as to what you all think of this blog.... I am flattered that you all come here each day and I promise to try to make you laugh or think with each post...

3) Two hamburgers is my limit. Have you ever been full and tried to eat a little more? I had meat hitting other meat in my espohagus. Sorry if that's a little gross, but you all get the picture...right?

4) The media team is so great! They were out there all day...shooting as many baptisms as possible...with their waterproof cameras... YOU GUYS ROCK! I am honored to serve with you all.

5) Ray Charles was not fully blind until he was 7.

6) The weather was fantastic! I couldn't believe that there was not one cloud in the sky. Go God!!!

7) I spoke with a young man at the beach who had never been to Flamingo Road Church before. He watched the show this morning and saw the banner for beach baptism and came out to get baptized. That is the coolest thing in the world to me....

Sleep well dear friends... Until next time, pass the Noxema and Solarcaine!

BV

0 comments: