Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Finds


Good afternoon faithful readers...

I did mention that I wasn't going to post anything out of the ordinary this week...but God kinda dropped this into my lap (er...my daughter's lap).

In our travels today, my family and I decided to stop by the Grand Lux Cafe for a little early dinner. We were sat at the bar area so we could order from what they called the "mini-bar menu" or something like that. You know, they had little versions of all of their sandwiches and such. You could only order from that menu from 4-6PM. The waiter came...we ordered drinks...and then he returned for our food orders. It was (no kidding) 3:56PM. I jokingly told him "come back in 4 minutes". I figured "what's 4 minutes - he'll let us order from the "special menu""

He actually left and said he'd be back at 4PM. Patience grasshopper.

When the time came, I ordered some steak sandwich thing and my wife and daughter ordered the Caesar Salad. The photo that you see above is how the salad arrived.

Somebody just tore leaves off of a head of Romaine lettuce...covered it with some white sauce and put it on a long skinny plate. When it arrived, I just looked at my daughter. She told me that "They must have thought I was a Pterodactyl or something!" I'm talking footlong gigantic leaves of lettuce uncut on a plate with some sauce. They ate smaller food on "Land of the Lost"
Chaka rules!

So we made the best of it. I began to cut Brianna's head of lettuce for her when one of the sauce-filled leaves slipped off the plate and landed squarely in her lap. Her legs are now covered in Caesar salad dressing and my mini Cheesesteak sandwiches are getting colder by the minute. Mindy was working on her own chunk-o-lettuce on her own plate with less luck than we were having.

We ate (it was good)...paid our check (a little high for what we got...but produce that massive doesn't come cheap!)...and left.

I had to just roll with it. After all...I'm teaching on patience this weekend...

BV

0 comments: