Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Saying Goodbye

Greetings faithful reader....

I have so much to tell you all but none of it is important. I'll fill you in later on the trip away, the 5 days without email, and what part I'm playing in the nakedness of the pastor.

For now...I just want to say goodbye. This evening was the graduation service for a friend of mine, Pete Guyon. He went home to be with the Lord on the 9th of August after a courageous battle with cancer. Pete and I went to middle school together at Driftwood...grew up in the same neighborhood...I even met him at the local pizza place near my boyhood home.

Pete was an amazing man. I had the opportunity to shoot a video interview with him a couple of years ago when he was first diagnosed. He said things like "I'm ready to go..." and "I am excited about being with the Lord" You know, I didn't really believe him when he said those things...I just thought that he was giving me good sound bites for the Easter video I was producing. You know what was amazing about Pete... he meant those words. Every last one of them. Genuinely.

Pete Guyon....from the bottom of my heart...you have inspired me. I don't know if you can read this from Heaven..but I do know that it is a brighter place now that one of its angels has returned home. Love you, man.

BV

1 comments:

Arturo de la Mora said...

He was an faith and Christian values example... until the last breath...