Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Almost Half-Way There!


Greetings faithful reader,

I had several people this weekend ask me how my weight loss was going. I realized that I haven't posted an update for awhile...so here goes:


Starting Weight:226
Current Weight: 206.5
Total Weight Loss: 19.5 pounds

Running 1.25 miles/day with hand weights

Using Weight Watchers Points system for weight loss.

I have lost one shirt size and down one pants size. I also needed to buy a new belt.

This is very exciting for me. I have never really struggled with my weight growing up. Dad was super thin so I always thought that I would just inherit his genes. Not the case. I still have about 20 pounds to go so keep praying for me. I am going to include a little note in the sidebar of the blog so that you can keep up with my weight loss.

I post it for 2 reasons:
1) Nakedness - I want the world to know this about me. I am not ashamed of my weight and have decided that if you are going to pray for this for me...you might as well have the facts
2) Inspiration - Are you looking to lose weight? If so, I applaud you. I was killing myself slowly with my fork. I only hope and pray that if you are doing the same that you would follow my challenge and change things. You can. It's never too late.

If you are going for it along with me...drop me an email: brian.vasil@flamingoroad.org

I'd love to hear from you.

BV

2 comments:

chad said...

student ministry wants an internet service pastor iphone...

congrats

Natalia said...

Hi! That is sooo awesome about your workouts..... remember to get out of your comfort zone... that is when you're body changes.


PS. I'm a trainer.... :)
if you need some tips let me know :)