Saturday, February 21, 2009

In Defense of Twitter

Greetings Faithful Readers,

Tonight was wonderful....and I have Twitter to thank for it. Yesterday I posted that I was fighting an earache, headache, and sore throat. Instantly, people that read my updated status began sending me well wishes and home remedies...and told me I was being prayed for. Tonight, as I walked from the Internet Campus studio to the control room, no fewer than 10 people stopped and asked how I was feeling... all Twitter followers or Facebook friends.

I returned to the studio and logged into the campus chat room. Several chat guests asked me if I felt better and volunteered to pray as well....from all over the world. They follow me on Twitter or are friends with me on our Internet Campus community page.

No matter what you think about social media, Twitter, or the like...there is real community happening online.

I am living proof. Thanks friends...you made me feel loved.

BV

2 comments:

Michele said...

I totally am with you on that! I don't even have the followers u may have and I made a comment on twitter about bullying.. Next I know this awesome psychologist who studies kids and bullying is following me and sharing her thots as well as her recently written book.. Its amazing and definitely community happening online.. nationwide at that

Anonymous said...

Your great story inspired me to have another way to describe twitter; twitter is like the instant text messaging version of the prayer phone chain! :) Godspeed