Saturday, September 16, 2006

Annie


I believe it was the movie "Annie" where I first heard the song..."Tomorrow". Well tomorrow is only a day away. Just a few hours until beach baptism. It's hard to describe the feeling I get in the water. People that go to beach baptism always comment on the atmosphere. People are crying, laughing, hugging, celebrating, and praying. All at the same time. I just wish I could let you, faithful reader, look at beach baptism through my eyes. You see, we get to look at the shoreline the entire time. We get to stand in the water and see the huge crowd all react as one. We get to receive entire families that come into the water together. We get to shake hands and hug people who just minutes before were different.

I cannot express enough my love for the people of Flamingo Road Church. Beach Baptism is that time in our lives when all of us...pastors and attendees alike get to just party. A celebration of a fresh start. God has a special day planned for us tomorrow. A sneak peak of the eternity to come.

See you in the ocean!

BV

0 comments: