Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bleeding Purple

Well, the season kicked off tonight. Football that is. It is at this point in the year that my blood goes from red to VIKING PURPLE. I love the Vikings. Not really sure why. I have never been to Minnesota. I don't think I'd be able to deal with the cold long term anyway... But this Monday night...we take on the Washington Redskins. GO VIKES!

OK...I feel better now. Anyway, I am just kinda chilling out tonight. Doesn't happen very often but when it does, I milk it for all that it is worth. I never realized the importance of rest before. I kinda live my life 1000 miles an hour until I hit the brick wall. Then I collapse, pull myself up, and hit the autobahn of life again at the same speed. Everything looks blurry when I am going that fast. My family, my ministry, my spiritual life. Everything out of focus. Gotta slow down and take it easier. Things look sharper when you give yourself the time to focus on them.

Just put my little cheerleader to bed. My daughter started cheerleading today and she is the cutest one ever. Sometimes I just stop and look at her...and my wife...and realize that I am truly blessed. I have an incredible family. They know me like nobody else and love me anyway.

It is always worth it to hit the brakes once and awhile. Gives you a chance to appreciate the journey.

BV

0 comments: