Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why

You know....people never cease to amaze me. In a follow up to my previous post... I just finished watching the interview with Steve Irwin's best friend and manager on Larry King. I watched a man who was obviously so distraught that he could barely speak about the events. Larry kept throwing out questions like "was he good in the water?" and "was he familiar with Stingrays?" What was the point of these questions? His death was accidental. At this point, it really doesn't matter about experience or knowledge. People pet these animals in touch tanks...why ask these types of questions?

I've got to rant a second. I know audiences want all of the juicy details...I know that the headlines on both USAToday.com and CNN.com were wanting the "death tape" released for viewing...but can't we just allow a family to grieve? Have we come to that point in our culture and civilization that we need to watch a man die on YouTube? It really doesn't matter if it is celebrity or common man - allow people to have a little time. It's not about ethics or freedom of information...its about decency and a respect for the feelings of fellow human beings.

BV

0 comments: