Monday, October 09, 2006

Goliath

Hello faithful reader,

Please pray for me.

As many of you know, I am dealing with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and have been for a couple of years now. I have been very open about this, even going as far as talking about it during one of my weekend teachings. Well, tonight I picked up a book that has really challenged me to deal with it head-on. I have been reading it and picking up techniques that are helping me cope with the helplessness of OCD. My main area of struggle is in checking. I have to go back and check on simple everyday tasks to make sure that they are done. I re-check stove knobs, my door locks, the iron...to the point where I am paralyzed for several minutes just staring.

Please understand that this isn't easy to admit. I feel really stupid and helpless. However the book says that I am not alone. Nearly 6 million Americans are suffering from this.
I have spent the last few years thinking I was slowly losing it. I am seeing hope again. My wife has been an angel and it is because of her faith in me that I am able to battle this.

I'm not sure when it started or when I'll finally overcome it. It doesn't affect me in my day-to-day activities. It only happens just before I go to bed or when I am under a lot of stress.

Faithful reader, I would appreciate your prayers. God has done some amazing things with my life and I won't let these irrational fears get the better of me. As I wrote on "whatIcryfor.com" Flamingo Road Church has been there for me every step of the way.

Flamingo Road, please know that I am praying for all of you. We serve a big God...with big powers... I will see the end of this condition. Just know that whatever your Goliath is...there are plenty of stones to go around.

BV

0 comments: