Monday, October 02, 2006

Great Scott!


Well...I just heard some disturbing news...the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios is officially closed. Done. The rift in the space/time continuum is no more. I really liked that ride. It never made me sick and I got to enjoy some great Huey Lewis music on the way back into the park. I have heard that this past weekend the ride was in tremendous disrepair. Ripped screens, busted audio, the flux capacitor all dark and inoperable. A shame.

I rarely ever visited Universal. I am a Disney snob. But there are some attractions Universal just did right. Back to the Future, King Kong, the Ghostbusters stage show...noticing a theme here? All of these are now closed. Now we get to enjoy a plastic cow flying by on a wire in the Twister attraction (good pre-show area, though). King Kong has become the Mummy coaster. Heard this was pretty cool, but nothing beats being lowered in a cable car over NY while a man making minimum wage gets over-excited as our "tour guide". You could even smell bananas on Kong's breath.

I guess I am just waxing nostalgic these days. Yesterday's post reinforces this theme. I think it's good once in awhile to think about the past. Just be sure to come back to the future.

BV

0 comments: