Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I ate a chocolate pretzel tonight


Good late evening, faithful reader...

I am posting tonight's first Wed. teaching as we speak. It probably won't be finished until sometime during the overnight hour, but be sure to look for it in your iTunes feeds.

Tonight was great. The food and chocolate fountain were outstanding but the real highlight of the night for me was just the buzz in the room. A story was shared about a tragic stroke, a baptism and a changed life...people lept to their feet. Troy announced the 2nd Sat PM service, people exploded in applause. The message evoked emotion throughout. I have never, in my 10 years at FRC, felt that much eagerness to express emotion. A cool feeling indeed.

I had a great time talking with all of you that came tonight. The pleasure was mine.

Well, back to the podcast work. Remember...if you attend Sunday, we would love for you to shift to Sat night. It's the exact same message and energy...just one day earlier. Your chair and your parking lot are really needed to reach this community on Sunday.

I feel blessed to be a part of this place. As one of your pastors, I find great joy in your smiles, the friendly handshakes, and your willingness to step forward and be counted for God in this community.

Know that you are loved,

BV

0 comments: