Monday, October 16, 2006

Prime Rib

I like weddings. I like to perform weddings. I can't honestly say I like attending weddings, though. Probably because there is a lot of waiting, doing the chicken dance, and eating prime rib. By themselves, each of these is fine. Combine them into one event and you have problems.

That brings me to the reason for this blog entry. My brother is getting married next week and I get to perform the ceremony. I am looking forward to being a part of this and am excited for him and his future wife. It will be a small wedding that in no way involves the consumption of prime rib. Score!

(Just a quick aside...I really do like Prime Rib...just not eating it in a suit.)

When I perform a wedding ceremony for people that I really don't know, there is some excitement FOR them. I pray for the best and wish them well in their lives together. But when it's family...I will be spending the rest of my life related to a new person....it is much different. I get to be excited WITH them. I look forward to getting to know Joanne and welcoming her into the craziness that is the Vasil family.

Anyway, just wanted to bring you up to date. Enjoy the week, faithful reader.

BV

0 comments: