Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Orange Iguana

Well here it is Sunday night. Just got back from a birthday party for my nephew (He's 8). Pretty tired from a long and productive day. I just wanted to share a few observations from the past 24 hours:

1) The Doral Campus of Flamingo Road Church has an incredible team. Each and every person that I talked to today was helpful, cheerful, and knew exactly what to do. Congrats to all involved in the leadership side of that campus. I was honored to teach there today. I only hope that everyone who was there took something with them.

2) Air conditioning is a wonderful thing. Today at the Doral Campus, the A/C was turned off. Weird thing...the master controls for the A/C are located in S. Miami. I hope that those that were listening were able to take notes in between fanning themselves.

3) Had lunch at the Grand Lux Cafe today. First time. I found out that they are owned by the same folks who own the Cheesecake Factory. Mindy and I ordered the sandwich/soup/salad combo. We both said that it felt like "wedding food". It was good, but maybe we ordered the wrong things...the pineapple upside down cake at the end redeemed the entire meal.

4) There were at least 40 Playstation 3's at Best Buy yesterday. Hard to believe that people were shooting at each other for these things a few weeks ago. Still no signs of the Wii....

5) I saw a real-life orange iguana today in a tree. Orange. Well, I thought it was cool.

That's about it for tonight. Thanks for taking the time out to read this when you can. I know it isn't always gripping...but it is my life....

BV

0 comments: