Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Sleeve

Well tonight I had to apply last weekend's teaching to my life. I didn't want to, though. Let me give you the story.

I was trying to park tonight on the Westside of Downtown Disney. I see a space (the lot was VERY crowded) and I make my way over to park at it. I notice that the lady in the space next to it is backing out and a truck is waiting for that space. Well, I figure two empty spaces will be available. I back out...let the lady that is trying to leave back out and then figure the truck will park and I will park next to her. That wasn't the case. I wave my hand to the lady in the truck to park so that I can park next to her. Two spaces...two cars...easy enough. Nope. She parks diagonally in both spots...gets out and looks at me with her dirty devil-like eyes and goes about her business.

I wanted to roll down my sleeve. Cover my spiritual tattoo. Nobody knew me as a pastor up here. Besides, nobody would fault me. I am a human being after all. I didn't. I held it together. Will there ever be a day where I don't feel like cursing that person out? Will my reaction ever just be throwing my head back and laughing? Don't know. I'm trying to get there... The Holy Spirit has better things planned for my life than getting so angry and frustrated... My heart is tattooed with Christ. I don't need longer sleeves...just a longer temper fuse. Do you pray for your pastors? Please do... Oh, and thanks to Pastor Troy for the reminder that the way we act away from the church is just as important as it is within it.

If you didn't see the sermon last week...make it a point. But be warned...if you internalize it....you might have to change.

BV

0 comments: