Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Are you like me?


Do you enjoy a great study/recreation/description/historical depiction of an event that took place over a 100 years ago? If so, I must recommend the book Manhunt - The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson. It is an hour-by-hour account of the chase for John Wilkes Booth after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. I wrote a 100+ page paper about this event for my Historical Studies class in college so I was drawn to this tome like a gnat to an open mouth.

I love studying History. It is a passion of mine. Dusty old books, writing analysis, detailed historical research...my cup of Earl Grey.

Give it a read. If you do, please let me know what you thought via this blog. Abraham Lincoln has had so much stuff written about him (and I have probably read it all). This book is different. Trust me.

BV

0 comments: