Friday, March 30, 2007

Touring a Church @ Midnight


Well if my first life wasn't enough...I now have a "second life." I have created an avatar on the popular website Second Life. I did it so that I could visit the church campus that Lifechurch.tv had paid money to place there. A virtual church in a virtual environment! It was unbelievably cool in there! The first service in the "new building" is Easter Sunday. Can't wait to see what they add to their campus each week...

People are going to hear about Christ in "Second Life" because of this... I love the creativity, the innovation, and the guts it took to spend real money developing a campus that only exists on the computer screen. It is believable to think that people can hear the message on this website, attend the virtual campus, and accept Christ all within the parameters of a graphical representation of a physical environment.

Technology can be harnessed for good. Viva la tech!

BV

0 comments: