Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catching Up

Hello faithful readers...there are about 40-50 of you per day....thanks for tuning in...

Just wanted to answer a few of the questions I get asked a lot as well as catch you up on the media side of what is going on at Flamingo:

1) I am splitting the iTunes Podcasts into two feeds. The existing subscription will become audio only (MP3). I am moving the video feed to the new podcast. Should be up on iTunes soon... The new video-only feed will enable you to download a smaller iPod formatted video as well as a larger 720X480 version that can be streamed via AppleTV. This new full screen version is really exciting. I have worked very hard on creating a quality file that is still a good small file size. For example, at DVD quality, the last sermon (45 minutes) comes in around 330MB! Not bad! Only took about 12 tries or so... Not sure how many of you are sporting AppleTVs...but if you are you can watch Pastor Troy on your widescreen HDTV!

2) No, I am not buying an iPhone right away. The battery life scares me and I just know the way Apple is...there will be a better version around Christmastime...it won't be easy, though.

3) My favorite 3 characters on "Heroes" are: M. Surresh, Sylar, and Bennett. A close 4th would be Jessica/Nicki.

4) My next trip to Disney is May 8th-12th. We will be back before services on Saturday.

5) Show #114....seriously...it's good... I know I've said it before...but it's the best yet. It is our Easter service and the start of Ivescrewedup.com. Hope people watch it!

6) Speaking of people watching...ratings have been great. We are averaging 45-55 thousand viewers each weekend!

That's about it...enjoy the week!

BV

0 comments: