Thursday, April 05, 2007

Just what I needed...


Good evening faithful reader...

Today was one of those days...

Easter is always a stressful time of the year for me but today was a little different. Just today I felt angry, frustrated, hurt, challenged, weepy, thankful, and happy. I hit the ground running with a few tough challenges. I knew when I taught on obedience that my personal obedience was going to be challenged by the enemy. It never fails.

I'm not sure if I'd give myself an "A" for my attitude this morning, but I certainly tried my best to stay even keel. I fixed what I could fix. I did my best. Sometimes I feel like that comes up 5% short and it frustrates me. I know that I am not perfect...but when someone throws a rock and shatters the mirror that I admire myself in...it affects me. I don't like surprises. I can't stand insecurity. I loathe my perfectionism. I am my own worst critic sometimes.

Then, this evening, things changed. I didn't load up the video still floating over my head for this weekend. Instead I got in the car with my family and we headed over to the Bank Atlantic Center for Disney On Ice. Mindy had picked up three tickets for us and I just couldn't wait. It was great! Not only because it was an entertaining show.... not only because I was with my family... I think it was great because I got the chance to put the brain on neutral and enjoy being myself. I got to wear the rubber mask that came with our cotton candy. I got to sing Yo-Ho A Pirates Life for Me... I got to eat my over-priced pretzel with mustard as slowly as I wanted...

This weekend will be busy. I know that. I needed this time to re-center. It is just good to know that I serve a God who loves me, my attitude, and my rubber mask.

BV

1 comments:

@heredes said...

You are the man !! I wanna see a picture of you and that rubbee mask...
It's an honor to be serving with you.
-Like Walt Disney would have said himself : "Keep moving forward"