Monday, April 16, 2007

Why?

I've honestly got to tell you. I have just finished reading the headlines about that horrible shooting at Virginia Tech and I can't figure it out. Why would someone take the lives of innocents. I'm sure more details will be revealed in the coming days...but there is nothing, NOTHING that will justify this. If I sound angry, I am. That is 33 families that will never be the same. As a pastor, people come to me for answers about why bad things happen to good people. I've got to be honest...this has me baffled...

I don't doubt God's sovereignty or his ability to control the world...I just can't believe the grip that evil has on this planet sometimes.

We live in a fallen world where people make choices that don't make sense. I only hope that the students and faculty can heal in time. My sincerest condolences and prayers to all affected by this act.

BV

0 comments: