Thursday, May 03, 2007

Last Night

Well, faithful readers, I just cracked open a new day and it feels great!

Got out of bed this morning feeling much better than yesterday. Those mentholated things you plug into the wall really do work. I think I have made it through the worst of the stuffiness...

Anyway, the reason for this post. Were any of you at 1st Wednesday last night. If you weren't you should be kicking yourself right now. Go ahead...I'll wait for you... Done? Great. I know it hurts, but that's the way we learn...by failing forward.

I've got to say that Pastor Troy was out of his head awesome last night. I see and work with him nearly every day doing video...but I don't think I've ever seen him that focused and clear. It was a laser message. Right to the heart of all those that were there. The coolest thing about last night was the central message. This church is not all about Troy Gramling. It's not all about a big church. It's not all about getting lazy and self-absorbed. It's about Kingdom impact.

50 campuses, 100,000 in attendance, 150 million budget. Those numbers are real. Those numbers are reachable. Seriously. I am not a "pie-in-the-sky" type of person. I tend to look at things logically...these numbers are possible through Christ.

I signed the board last night. I meant it.

BV

0 comments: