Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pauly Shore


Good evening, faithful readers....big question.

What do Pauly Shore and I have in common?

A) He is my nephew.
B) His nickname is "The Weasel" and mine is "The Ferret"
C) We're both washed up
D) He was on MTV and I produce TGTV (Troy Gramling television)
E) Jury Duty


The correct answer...of course is E. Jury Duty. I know what you're thinking...Pauly Shore was in a movie called Jury Duty?....YEP!
You can borrow my DVD if you want....

Yep. 8 hours of judicial goodness. Here are some things I observed:

1) Receiving a jury summons in the mail is like a kick in the back of the head with soccer cleats.

2) If you could bake a pie and place every American in it. The slice that you would cut out to enjoy with your coffee would be like the Jury sign-in room. It was a humanity bouillabaisse in there.

3) I witnessed several children in handcuffs and legcuffs being transferred. My heart just broke. The pastor in me just wanted to go down there and put my arm around them and see what the problem was and how I could help. The dad in me wanted to cry.

4) Real court is nothing like "Night Court" - No Judge Harry T. Stone, no Bull Shannon, no Markie Post, no Selma Diamond....nothing.... Just a bunch of old courtrooms and a restaurant that served personal pan pizzas by the slice.

5) Being a lawyer might have been cool. You don't appreciate the legal profession until you see an ace in action. I saw one today.

6) Troy has fans everywhere. I was in the jury pool with a lady who found out that I was a pastor...one conversation led to another and I found out she was a BIG fan of the show. Here are the questions she asked me:

a) Is Troy as genuine as he appears on TV?
b) Do I ACTUALLY get to talk with Troy regularly?
c) When are the services? Where can I actually go to SEE Troy live?

I promised her a lock of Troy's hair...

Not really.

She was so sweet. She asked me how the show was made and I told her that it was my primary responsibility. She genuinely thanked me and told me that the show had changed her entire family. She said she is a better parent to her 8 year old son because of Influence. Incredible. Go God.

That about wraps it up. I didn't get on a case...I didn't see Judge Hatchett, Judge Judy, Judge Dredd, Mike Judge, or Judge Reinhold...but I did get a little sip of the nectar of justice.

Until the next summons comes,

BV

1 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

So entertaining! Thanx for giving me something good to read while I sit here in this dark, cold, musty hotel room while my kids snooze. Your blog is so funny! -HP