Saturday, July 07, 2007

The End of an Era


Good morning faithful readers...

I'm up because I haven't been sleeping well at all for about 2 weeks. I get about 3 hours a night...I know that's not healthy but I have a lot on my mind these days... Just can't seem to shut off my thoughts. And you get to benefit by reading all of these late night rants...

Well... somebody call it. Time of death...2:41AM. I have decided to pull the plug on my other Disney blog. I hadn't posted to it in a month so I figured it wasn't worth keeping. Guess what that means....yep....you'll get the occasional Disney post over here! I'll try to control myself. If you've survived the onslaught of iPhone postings, you'll make it through the Disney ones.

Here's my first bit of Disney news....they ARE removing the giant Mickey arm and wand from the Epcot Center Spaceship Earth. This has been confirmed by the Orlando Sentinel. Here is the article from them....

From orlandosentinel.com:

The 257-foot-tall Mickey Mouse arm, glove and wand logo structure at Epcot is coming down.

Epcot Vice President Jim MacPhee announced this morning that the time has come to remove the structure, which has served both as a colorful, lighted Epcot sign since 2000, and as a lightning rod for criticism from Epcot purists who contended the image was out of character for Epcots architecture.


Good riddance. The wand/hand thing never did really belong at Epcot anyway...



Anyway, stay tuned to Vasilating. You never know what may be coming down the pike from my cerebral cortex.

BV

0 comments: