Sunday, July 01, 2007

iPhone First Impressions


Good morning faithful readers...

I have recovered from all that went down on Friday. I feel like I can finally post some impressions on my iGadget that make a little sense...

If you are tired of hearing about the iPhone...don't worry...the honeymoon will be over soon...maybe...

I must be honest...it is a GREAT gadget but not perfect. I have listed out some good and bad points below.

GOOD:

1) The interface is the coolest I have ever worked with. The buttons are responsive, clear, and well placed.
2) The Map button and the way it locates places (with live traffic) must have come directly off one of the spacecraft they had at Roswell. It is completely unbelievable (and I've seen some cool stuff in my time)
3) The size and weight just "feel right"
4) The ipod interface is the future. All iPods from here on out will more than likely be touchscreen and cool like this.
5) The way that you can turn the iPhone and the photos and internet realign themselves in a horizontal direction is unbelievable.
6) There is so much more...I just really could go on...but I'll spare you...

BAD:
1) The internet connection is S-L-O-W. If you aren't using Wi-Fi connection to the web, you will wait for pages to load. I used to carry a 3G phone and the speed difference is totally noticeable.
2) The keyboard is still taking me a little to get used to...it is cool, but I misspelle quiet a few wordz.
3) It is expensive.


All in all, I couldn't be happier with my phone. It is interesting...this weekend, more people wanted phone demos than for me to shake their hand...mmmm....

If you have the means...and are already on ATT for phone services...run, don't walk to get one of these phones. Honestly, I know I'm a Mac guy and am biased, but this is an incredible phone/iPod/PDA.

Also...Pastor Troy NEEDS one of these phones.... hint..hint Stephanie... :-)

Was it worth a 10 hour wait? Yep. Does it live up to the hype? And then some.

Enjoy the iDay!

BV (Your iPastor)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... I'm glad you have your I-Phone... and I believe that the not so good things on your I-phone will be solved with the time... may be some day I'll have also one, at this time I jut got a O-phone... that is a Motorola L7c