Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A few thoughts from my dad...

Greetings Faithful Readers...

In honor of what would have been my dad's 69th birthday, here are a few of the sayings that he used to tell my brother and I that made absolutely no sense...

1) "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"

2) "What did you wash your hair with, a Hershey bar?"

3) "You'd be mad if somebody peed in your ice cream."

4) (When we ate too fast)... "Easy there, Henry...the beheadings aren't until 7"

I never understood any of them...when he'd say them, my brother and I would just look at each other and shake our heads. I do find myself saying them to Brianna every now and again, though...

Even though they didn't make sense, I'd give everything I have to hear him say them one more time.

Happy birthday, dad. I miss you.

Love, Brian

1 comments:

Arturo de la Mora said...

Nice Post... it make me think about the way I'm parenting today. My question is: How my children will remember me? Am I doing the best for them? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.