Monday, January 12, 2009

What I'm Reading


Greetings Faithful Readers...

It's been a while since we've taken a stroll over to Brian's bookshelf...here's what is currently stimulating my brain:

Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell) - An interesting book about the reasons for success. I enjoyed blink...but I think Outliers is better...a very interesting read

33 Million People in the Room (Juliette Powell) - A great study of Social Networking and it's effects on connectivity and growth for business. Many of the principles apply to ministry as well!

Don't Make Me Think (Steve Krug) - What do people feel like when they visit our Internet Campus website? Where do their eyes go? What are they thinking when they click a button or fill in a form... this book lets me know...

iPhone Fully Loaded (Andy Ihnatko) - A hilarious look at the iPhone and what you can do with it. It isn't an average "how do I set up push email" type of book...it maximizes the iPhones potential...a cool read!


ON THE RADAR FOR THE NEAR FUTURE

Enough - John C. Bogle

Facebook Marketing: Leveraging Social Media to Grow Your Business - Steve Holzner

SimChurch: Being the Church in the Virtual World - Douglas Estes


That should keep me busy for a little bit...what are YOU reading in January?

BV


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brian, thanks so much for including my first book '33 Million People in the Room', alongside Malcolm Gladwell's new offering. Now that's quite a compliment! My new site just went up so if you want to hear free audio excerpts, check out juliettepowell.com
I'll be the one whispering in your ear.
~> j*

Lily said...

I am reading a young adult fantasy book that I gave my nephew Alec as a gift and now that he is finished reading it, he let me borrow it. It's called: "The Alchemist: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel."

After I finish The Alchemist, I am going to read one my mom got me for Christmas: "Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado." :-)

BZ Ward said...

I'm re-reading Practicing the Presence of God... and there are a stack of other books in line...