Tuesday, February 17, 2009

B.V.

Greetings Faithful Readers,

Today, in my car, I found a water bottle with my initials on it. "B.V." Clear as day in black sharpie marker. Problem is, I don't remember ever writing them on that bottle...in fact, I don't remember the last time I've had bottled water. Then it hit me.

That was Brianna's bottle. B.V. are her initials, too.

I know that's pretty obvious to most...but this morning it hit me. I share initials with my daughter. Then it got me to thinking. What else have I passed down to her? My love of Christ? My perseverance? My character? My passion for learning?

Or has it been other things... my sarcasm, my temper, my fears, or my desire to please everyone?

I desperately want Brianna to discern what is good and what isn't good from me and incorporate the best traits into her life. Problem is, she probably won't be able to. Our kids pick it all up...the good and the bad...and become, in part, like us. What a huge responsibility we have as parents...to pass down more than just our initials...but a Christ-like example of what a good human being should be.

BV

0 comments: