Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ready to Go 'Back?'

Greetings Faithful Readers...

I guess I'm on some sort of a retro-theme here...although I hesitate to admit that mentioning the new DVD re-re-re-release of Back to the Future is "retro". I'm pretty anxious to see this new version of one of my all-time favorite movies. Here's what it has going for it.

1) Huey Lewis and the News not only do some of the music...Huey is in it as the nerdy teacher. They've always been my favorite band...
2) Michael J. Fox - "Teen Wolf" himself...in his prime...
3) Biff Tannen - A classic heel... Every school had a kid like that...
4) Doc Brown - Christopher Lloyd - Steals every scene he's in...
5) I've also heard that it has the entire BTTF ride video from Universal Studios on it!

Not to mention a flying DeLorean, Marvin Berry, the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance, Crispin Glover, the flux capacitor, the Twin (Lone) Pines Mall, Einstein, and Calvin Klein.

If you've never seen it...it's definitely worth your TIME. Get it. Time. The movie's about a time machine that.... never mind.

If you have seen it...what's your favorite part?

BV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian, Loving the retro thing, I had the lone ranger metal lunch box, wore the superman and batman costumes and I think a Back to the Future is the best use of a DeLorean in any movie ever. What I cant figure out is how you remember Zayres? I know I am older than you and it seems like they went out a long time ago. LOL
Keep the good stuff coming.

Charlie

Evan said...

By far the ending of part 2 is the best. The letter from the past deal at the age of 9 was inconsiveabe but really cool at that time and still is.

Andreina said...

Well I love them provably as much as you, I like the whole thing, kind of difficult to point to one part to me these movies were the coolest and most creative ever. Funny, I remember something me and my cousins use to do, when one of us did something stupid another one would come and nock very hard on your head and scream, Hello anybody there??!!! Classic!