Thursday, February 19, 2009

Do You Know Ben Cooper?

Greetings Faithful Readers...

On the heels of yesterday's 1970s memory/confessional...I have one more. Did anybody else beside me buy and wear those vinyl Ben Cooper Halloween costumes? You know the ones...plastic mask with a thin rubber band that would break after about 10 minutes inside it... Vinyl non-fire proof suit with a poorly printed picture of the character you were supposed to be... good times, good times.

I was pretty much every character from Star Wars, Spider-Man, Batman, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the Devil. Yes, my parents dressed me up in a Ben Cooper devil outfit when I was 4. I walked around innocently (yet comically) as the prince of darkness begging for Pixie Stix. Thanks mom and dad....

Did you ever wear one of these costumes? If so, what character were you?

BV

0 comments: