Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Middle of the Night

Well...faithful reader...I'm just sitting here watching a little blue bar creep slowly across a screen. The HD video stream that we are sending to our new campus at Hallandale Beach is nearing completion. Honestly, I'm exhausted. I just haven't been feeling well lately. My coughing at night has been keeping me awake. Please pray that I will recover soon...

However, I can just imagine what tomorrow (today) is going to be like. The smell of new paint and carpet...The soft cushions of new chairs...the new Hallandale Beach campus will open...

This HD footage is going to look great on their gi-normous screen. I can't wait to see it.

I have learned that with great opportunity comes great sacrifice. There has never been anything worthwhile achieved without it costing somebody something. Hallandale Beach is the result of so many people stepping up through "Tears" and giving of their resources. To you, I say, thank you.

To those that have labored this week pulling in all of the last minute details (and working at the Cooper City campus), I say thank you.

To those that are still thinking about giving to "Tears" I challenge you to attend this weekend. Watch Rosemary's story. Then decide. I know...it's scary....we could be talking major sacrifice.

I also know that big things happen through sacrifice. Lives are changed.

BV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brian as a faithful reader I must say that I am worried and have been praying for you. Perhaps it is time to go the, dare I say it, doctor. I know, I know it's the last place you would find yourself in but perhaps they will have a Playstation 3 or Wii in the waiting room. If not, at the very least, you could get some antibiotics so you won't hack a lung out. You're not going to be much fun in a hospital, and they definitely don't allow fun equipment there. With no bvasil blogs what's a reader to do!?!...Read other Pastor blogs... On another note, I know you do A LOT of behind the scene stuff and you work really hard at it so God bless you and your family and all you do... NOW GO GET SOME MEDICINE...

Brian Vasil said...

Jen....I know it's you....I have medicine coming tomorrow...

Thanks for the prayers...

BV